Friday, July 3, 2009

PATIENCE AND WATER

Gardening takes a lot of water and patience. Water I have from a well that has never run dry! Patience...that's another matter. I am afraid that well tends to run dry from time to time but you can't rush a tomato or a zuchinni...they make you wait. It takes me aprox. one and a half hours to water the garden and, inevitably, about three quarters of the way through I think "oh, the last few will probably be okay" and then I take a deep breath, remind myself of the eventual reward, yank the hose a few more feet and soak every last root. Patience.
Much of what has been grown will be used this Sunday for my son's birthday. On the menu is meat, of course, we are midwesterners afterall , ribs, pork steaks, chicken wings with homemade bbq sauce and a variety of other dipping sauces. Baked beans, Sweet basil pesto pasta salad, tossed leaf lettuce salad with fresh tomatoes and onions. Potato salad and macaroni salad. Corn on the cob. Black bean and corn relish, homemade salsas and chips and last but not least, cake and ice cream! I have to wrap this post so that I can get started. Next week I will post my recipe for Sweet basil pesto, pico de gallo, bbq sauce and a spicy shrimp boil! have a safe and happy 4th of July and to my son. Colin, at GITMO and to all of the other service men and women THANKYOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment