Wednesday, June 10, 2009

HERB HEAVEN











me and the crew, Murphy and Angus.



I dehydrate tomtoes at the end of every season. Today I made a sun-dried tomato pesto using the tomatoes I dried last season and fresh basil and oregano from my new herb garden. Incredible!! Fresh herbs make such a difference and what a (albeit silly) feeling of accomplishment. I am fairly happy with this batch but I am going to experiment with other ingrediants including the s.d. tomatoes and a variety of chilis. I bake an herb bread that is very dense and rich and have always had to purchase pesto to spread on it but not anymore!!!

My crop is small this year but I was warned that it might be for the first year however a friend owns a seven acre organic farm nearby and has invited me to visit and dig up full size herbs to bring home and transplant into my garden....very exciting!

Now for my son Colin whois serving in the Navy...Ian's graduation!I only have one picture because of the complete and utter chaos that was the "graduation". It was more like a circus...people standing on the folding chairs ath convention center...talking on their phones...screaming at other people in the stands. I was in shock and we left early fearing that if things were so out of hand during the ceremony they were certain to get worse after! I will send more pics after Sunday! Love you like rainbows...miss you like crazy...be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment